WHO WE ARE: The Angling Trust is the single organisation that represents coarse, game and sea anglers in England.
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR INFORMATION: The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to inform you of the uses that will be made of your personal data as required of Data Controllers under the Data Protection Act 2018.
The purposes for which we may use the data include the following:
- To maintain a record of your registration;
- To help us (and coaches and volunteers working for us) to monitor your attendance and progress;
- To help us gauge the effectiveness of the services we offer;
- To assemble case-studies of individuals and groups;
- To help us understand your angling progression (‘next steps’) after taking part in Angling Trust programmes;
- To contact you, your legal guardian or next-of-kin, in connection with the running of sessions; to deliver results and
advice, and to request feedback on our services;
- To contact you, your legal guardian or next-of-kin, to notify you of other activities and services available through the Angling Trust or our partners.
- To share with the Environment Agency who assist us in delivering angling programmes.
You may be contacted by the Angling Trust via email, text (SMS) or post with further information on other fishing events, advice and guidance on going fishing, and details on how to purchase a fishing licence. You will be able to unsubscribe from these messages at any time. We may also contact a small number of participants by phone to discuss their experience of angling.
We will keep all information safe and secure. Your Personal Data will only be shared with other organisations where this will help us to deliver our angling programmes and service benefits. We will only share personal data to organisations that satisfy us that they will handle the data securely and responsibly.
We may also occasionally make data available in an anonymised or aggregated form to bonafide researchers or agencies to help us determine the future direction of angling participation initiatives. This will be done in such a form as to retain your complete confidentiality.
We will not permit any unwarranted breach of confidentiality or act in contravention of obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018. The Angling Trust is not subject to Freedom of Information requests.
Your data will be kept on record for three years after which point it will be deleted. Prior to this point, you will be given the option to continue receiving messages from us if you so wish.
You will be given the option to continue receiving information from us after three years if you so wish.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION: If you would like to obtain a copy of your personal data held by Angling Trust, or if you have aquery or complaint about Angling Trust’s handling of your personal information please contact us either by e-mail or in writing.
THE ANGLING TRUST, EASTWOOD HOUSE, 6 RAINBOW STREET, LEOMINSTER, HR6 8DQ